Announcing the Palouse Audubon Society Annual Photo Contest
SHOW US YOUR WILD SIDE!
Palouse Audubon Society cordially invites you to enter your best bird and nature photos in our annual PAS Photo contest. Consider submitting photos you have captured during the Christmas Bird Count or the Great Backyard Bird Count, as well as photos taken during hikes and birding trips. Photos related to the environment and conservation are also good topics. Check the PAS website for samples of previous photo contest entries and winning photos. Contest is open to amateur photographers only who are Palouse Audubon Society members. There are no entry fees for the photo contest.
- Photo submissions will be accepted April 1 – July 31
- Other Wildlife (includes non-avian wildlife from insects to mammals)
- Plants, Scenic and Natural Landscapes (includes environment and conservation)
- Photos can be taken in any outdoor location on the Palouse, a region of the northwestern US, encompassing parts of southeastern Washington, north-central Idaho, and parts of northeast Oregon, but should not include images of people, pets, domesticated or captive animals.
- Contest open to amateur photographers who are members of Palouse Audubon Society.
- Participants are limited to five entries total.
- Prizes of $60 cash first place and $40 cash for second place will be awarded for each of the three categories.
- Winners will be announced at the September PAS program meeting.
- Photographers will retain full copyright to images submitted, while granting permission for PAS to use the photographs in various publications and media (e.g., website, brochures, flyers, posters, presentations, communications, calendars, bookmarks, ecards, etc.).
- Photos will be judged on technical merit (focus, sharpness, detail, depth of field, color, brightness, contrast, saturation, use of light); composition (visually balanced); creativity; and visual impact.
- Photos should not be digitally altered beyond basic adjustments to lighting, color, contrast, and cropping.
PROCEDURES TO SUBMIT ENTRIES
- High-resolution digital images in .jpg or .png format.
- 300 dpi at 2400 x 3000 pixels or 8 x 10 inches (10 MB max)
- Please complete all cells in the form below and press the SEND EMAIL button when you are done.
P.S. If you would like to become a member of Palouse Audubon Society, please click on the “JOIN US” button on our homepage, or contact us for a membership form.